Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Spring Fever

So, it's been a while since my last post. My first ride of the year was just before Valentine's Day; Kacee (my wife) gave me a great gift: a full service and rear tire replacement. Nothing says "I love you" more than motorcycle parts and maintenance.
I've been riding to work every day, and I've taken a few short day trips, but nothing serious yet so far. I've taken the Arbon loop a couple of times. I live in the Indian Hills area, so I head south and through Caribou National Forest, then through the rural areas around Arbon and American Falls before joining up with I-86 and heading east back to Pocatello. I took it first by myself, then with Kacee, then with my neighbor two doors down, Ian Johnson, who rides a Sporty.
The ride with Ian was fun. I'd like to go on a few longer rides with him, so we'll have to plan something. We swapped bikes for the last few miles home, and it was a real adjustment to get on the Sportster. No floorboards, a higher center of gravity, tighter handlebar -- it was a real adjustment. Still, it's always good to experience different bikes.
I had ordered Kacee a jacket for her birthday (October 30), and it finally arrived sometime in February. It was worth the wait, since it fits her well and looks good. She's happy with it, and she's pretty much completely outfitted now. She could use her own goggles and gloves, but sunglasses and a pair of my old gloves seem to suit her pretty well for the time being.
My dad and I have only taken one ride so far this year. We went north on Highway 20 from Idaho Falls to Rexburg, then west on Highway 33 through Terreton and Mud Lake down to Howe. We then came south near Butte City, and headed east again through the Arco Desert on Highway 20 back to Idaho Falls. If we'd had more time, we would have kept heading west toward Arco. Still, it was a good ride.
We're planning a day trip for Saturday, April 28, with Kacee and my mom. It ought to be fun. It will be the first time we all go together.

No comments: